Wednesday, July 28, 2010

7. The Last Song

Well now, where do I begin with this one...  This movie has a 3.4/10 on imdb which I find a little low.  Yeah the movie was brute but it wasn't unbearable...  The cast was pretty good, minus Hannah Montana who I honestly think got her daddy to pay for her to be in the film.  Throughout the movie, and especially at the very beginning, she does this weird thing with her lips where she tries to pucker them up and make them look all pouty/sexy.  It's gross and weird and it made me very uncomfortable.  Her acting is totally family channel in this movie, and even the little 5 year old kid is better than her.  Of course she had to somehow incorporate her own songs into the movie (twice- one of which she apparently "wrote" for the movie) to show the world how awesome Hannah Montana is.  A few times I thought I was watching Billy Ray in a wig on the big screen but then I heard Miley's speech impediment and remembered who we were dealing with.  I don't know if it was all Miley who ruined the movie, but there was definitely something lacking.  I'm gonna give The Last Song a 3/5.  I wish Adam wouldn't have downloaded this because I'd way rather just read the book.

Memorable quote:   
Steve:  Do you even know what PMS is, Jonah?
Jonah:  Of course I do dad, I'm not a little kid anymore.  It's the "pissed at men  syndrome"

No comments:

Post a Comment